Wednesday, December 14, 2016

B-O-Y-S

When I wrote about my transferring from the one-room school house to high school, I didn’t talk about boy/girl things. So before I move on to the next step in my life, I thought perhaps I ought to mention something about boys. After all,  those years in high school usually involve boy/girl stuff.
Well, to be honest with you (confessions, right?) I did not have any interest in any of the boys at our high school. I don’t have any great reason to give,  I just didn’t seem to be interested.  They  were just classmates to me.
I did have guys that I saw on occasions as a  boy/girl thing. These are the fellows that I met at the dances where my Mom and Dad played. There were always a few teen age guys around and you get to meet them and dance with them.  Sometimes, a couple of them who were sort of buddies, would ask me and another girl if they could drive us home. And surprisingly, my Dad would allow them to take us home. These were not really serious relationships, just a little snuggling on the way home.  As I look back on those nights, I am quite surprised that the ones I were with never tried to  do or suggest anything more.
That is strange to me, because as I grew older I used to “hate” teen age boys. But I guess this really comes from watching movies about teenagers and the girl/boy stuff in the movies always turned me off on teen age boys. But in real life, at least in mine, they were nothing like those in the movies. Thank God  for that. So I made it through those years without having the “heartbreaks” that I suppose many girls went through. So I just moved on after graduation and into college.


No comments:

Post a Comment