I have been away from my blog for some time now and think I
am ready to write something for it. But first I want to write about the “Ruby
Saga” that is still going on. I was not really up to thinking about writing.
On Thursday morning, the 18th we realized that
Ruby was missing. She is Karen and Roy’s 2 year old German Pointer. There is nothing but oodles of forest behind
our house except a golf course if she went that way. Al and I went riding all around the area
looking and looking. Karen and I went
out again the next morning taking every road whether paved or dirt or just
grass into the woods. We stopped at a lot of houses to let them know of a
“missing dog”. On Friday we went out
again and she would stop vehicles. One
lady asked if we were looking for Ruby when Karen told her about the “missing
dog”. By this time it was posted on FB and so people were becoming aware of it
and this lady was out driving around looking for her.
Karen had about 300 flyers with Ruby’s picture on it and she
and Roy began putting one in some businesses and about every house. Others came to the house to get flyers to go
out to help. That day Roy stopped at an apt. complex around the corner from us and
talked to a woman and gave her a flyer.
During all this time, I was in pretty bad state. I spent most of my time just praying, begging
and talking to God. Asking Him to please
keep Ruby safe. He knew where she was and if she was alright. We have coyotes and
a bear that roams the woods. I just
wanted her home safe. Saturday was just
another day of praying, crying and begging to God. To please, please keep her safe.
Sunday late afternoon, the lady at the apt. complex called
and said she thinks she has Ruby. Karen and Roy drove up there quick. And there
she was lying on the lawn. When she heard and saw Karen, she jumped up and
began to lick and kiss her. They immediately took her to the emergency vet to
be checked out. It seems one of her hips had come out of its place. She had to be put under so he could get it
back in place. There were no broken
bones, but the vet felt that she had been hit by a car and probably a couple of
days ago because she had a few scars
that had healed. So he kept her for the night. In the morning Al and Karen went
to bring her home, but she had to go to our vet first. After checking her over,
they brought her home. She should be alright as there didn’t seem to be anything else that was a real
problem. Now our tears were tears of joy
and thanksgiving to God for getting her home.
We have to try to keep her fairly quiet and still get her up
and outdoors to walk, but no jumping or running. We thought she was doing ok,
but Roy thought something didn’t seem
right and so back to the vet. He said
her hip had popped out again and should be taped. It needs to heal inside and
needs to be more stable. But at least
she’s home and that is good. God is a
great God.
No comments:
Post a Comment