Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Update for this blog

Hello neighbor Welcome.
I have just about finished writing the things I remember as a little girl living on the farm.  We just had the memorial service for my Mom who passed away on Nov. 17 at the grand old age of 102.  We flew to Maine to hold the service in the big old church that my Mom loved so much. I did the service and we  had a great time remembering and sharing memories about Mom. It was so great to see people I had not seen since I went to the one room school house. Most of my Mom's grandchildren from my sister who passed away at the age of 48 were there. So we had some great sharing times. After the service we went to the farm, with the permission of the now owners, and spread my mother's ashes in the very same spot where we spread my Dad's, over the place where he buried the dogs as they left us. That was a neat time, returning Mom back to the farm that she loved so much and to be with Dad again. So that sort of brings being on the farm to an end.  But not to the simple farm girl that lived there.  I am still that little girl, just a grown up size. So I  intend to keep writing from time to time and will continue to share the life of this little girl as she grew into an adult with the simple farm still in her. Hope you will continue stopping by when you can and perhaps checking out my new blog that I have just introduced - "Sometimes I wonder about things".
Stop by again and see how this little farm girl continued into becoming an adult farm woman like my Mom did.

No comments:

Post a Comment