Sunday, May 1, 2016

YAKIMA, WA. HERE WE COME

Hello neighbors and FB friends

I was born on Feb. 29,1936.  This past Feb. I celebrated my 20th Leap Year Birthday.  I also celebrated turning 80 years.  My birthday wish was to take an Amtrak trip back to Yakima, where we lived for 15 years before moving to Amherst, VA.  I wanted to visit again with some of our dear friends we left there and also to visit family members, too.  I don't think we will take another trip as long as this one again. Only God knows, but we don't plan on it.  I am getting excited as we have just tonight to finish packing as we have to leave home around 4:30 am for the Amtrak station in Lynchburg.  We also are planing another trip inside this trip.  We hope to take a sea-plane from Seattle to Malibu BC where our granddaughter is working with  the Young Life group at their camp. The only way in is via boat or sea-plane. Boat takes too long. Besides we have never been on a sea-plane before. Should be something different.  I am going to try to post some pictures on FB if I can figure it out. I did send the flower garden pictures, so think I have it.  Will post something on the blog. Not sure what it will be but it will be something.

Just think that little tiny baby that ended up on a farm grew to a simple farm girl and is now 80 years old and going on a long trip. I find it hard sometimes to look back and make this 80 year old become that little farm girl playing on the 140 acres and mowing hay, etc.  But God has been good and has watched over me all these years, even when I really had no idea He was.   Thank you, God, for all you have done so far. I am looking forward to the next 20 years.  After all my mother will be celebrating (God willing) her 102nd birthday in October. So who knows about tomorrow? Only the Good Lord.

Thank you all for reading my blogs. Hope you will continue to check me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment